Jackson went to the doctor yesterday for his 2 week check up and got a good report. He is now 9 lbs 10 ozs and 22" long. He does have a newborn rash on his face but the doctor said that it is normal. He is doing great according to the doctor. The doctor has a calculation of estimating Jackson's height and said that he would be 6' +or- 2" (so 5'10"-6'2" but of course and estimate is nothing but an estimate). The doctor also said their will be a period coming in the next few weeks (4-6 weeks) where babies have a fussy period during the day for no known reason and that it will be frustrating but to just be prepared and patient. He said it is at this time that they see an increase in Shaken Baby Syndrome because parents are not prepared for it. I am not looking forward to that but at least I know now...I guess we will give in on the pacifiers!

Of course he is too little to do much but Jackson is a mess and makes me laugh. He makes the cutest noises and grunts all the time. He is starting to smile and makes funny faces. He is staying awake more during the day and sleeping a little longer, 2-3 hours, at nights (though not as much as I would like!). And still eating all the time it seems!


Here is Jackson in his swing today. He is still getting use to it. It is so soft and comfy looking I can't imagine he's not going to end up loving it...

I had an appointment yesterday as well and am still battling my BP issues. This doctor said it is due to preeclampsia. So please continue to pray that we can get it under control.
No comments:
Post a Comment