Jackson's first full week at daycare has been pretty good. He has taken his bottles and started sleeping about 2 hours during the day. They tell me that he is doing well and actually said I should increase the amount in his bottles now that he takes them well. And actually, when I picked him up Monday afternoon they said we must have worked with him on his bottles over the weekend because he did so well but he only had 2! They said he may be hitting a growth spurt. When I pick him up I know he is exhausted and wants Mommy to hold him and therefore, cries/screams the whole way home most days. Sometimes I can get him to take a nap which is nice. As expected, it has been a big adjustment for both of us. I am very tired being back at work full time. There is always so much to do and never enough time. I am non-stop from 6am to around 10:30 when I get ready for bed. Jackson is sleeping better at nights since daycare wears him out. Monday night he slept 7.5 hours!!! He hasn't done it since but maybe soon he will sleep all night every night. So we still get up around 2:30 or 3:00 most nights for now. He is really growing and developing every day. He has learned his name...The other night I was holding him on the couch and Billy was in the chair where Jackson couldn't see him. Billy would call his name and Jackson would turn his head around where he could see Daddy. Billy did it several times and he looked every time! Billy kept him a few hours last weekend for me and Jackson acted up. He was fighting sleep and didn't want to take his bottle from Billy. Daddy needs to work with Jackson and his bottles so I will be able to get a break from time to time. So, over all we are doing good but I really miss him!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment