Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Baby Jack's Big Day

Today was Jackson's first day at daycare. I got there at 9:30 and left at 10:00. I had to fill out some more papers and get some of his stuff settled in. I picked him up at 3:20. All the other babies were there today so he had some entertainment. There are 7 babies and only one is a girl. He was staring at the girl for a while when I left. There are two 10 month old, one 5 month old, two 3 month old, Jackson is 2.5 months and the other Jackson is 1.5 month old. There are 2 Jacksons and one Billy! The 2 teachers look like they have their hands full but they are good at what they do. One teacher has been in there 11 years! They said he would not sleep much while he adjust to the noise of the other babies, the environment (there is a big window over his crib) and also the teachers. He may have slept a total of one hour the whole time he was there so I hope we have a good night! I packed several 2 oz bottles so we would not waste it. He only took one ounce of his first bottle. Then about an hour later he wanted another bottle. It took 45 minutes but he took the second bottle and immediately wanted the third. So he did pretty good. The teacher said to keep working on it and he would be fine. Overall, it sounded like he did great. It was hard but I had things planned that I needed to do and forced myself to stay away. I did call once about 1:50 but just to make sure he had not ran out of milk. They said he was asleep so I waited a while longer. His next big day is Friday!

No comments: