Wow, it's been 2 weeks since I have written. What's new?? Well, I was very busy doing things that I needed to do or wanted to do before I returned to work. During that time Jackson did go to daycare 2-3 times a week to start adjusting. He is doing OK considering the adjustment. He is not sleeping as much during the day due to the increase in noise and still not eating much (6 oz or less). He will take the bottle for one of his teachers but she is going to be out 2 weeks at Christmas so the other teacher is trying to work with him now. So needless to say when he comes home all he wants to do is eat and sleep (cuts down on our playing time). Daycare has also messed up his night schedule. He gets up one extra time (sometimes) and then is up at 4am!! I have been working partial days this week and am exhausted. It was bad enough to lose sleep by having to get up earlier and now this. And it takes a lot of preparation the night before to make sure things go well the next morning. Billy and I are working on a schedule trying to get a routine down. I know it will just take time and he will adjust and it will be better.
Work is work. A lot has changed since I have been out so I am trying to get up to speed on a lot of things - not to mention the 206 emails I had waiting on me when I returned!! We have a new system which is nice and will be great once I get use to it. Billy is doing well. He is busy at work and then he helps me in the evenings.
Otherwise, Jackson is doing well. I had him weighed at the hospital on the 18th and he was 14 lbs. He goes back to the doctor for his 4 months visit early November. He is more alert and more vocal. He is keeping his hands open more which is great because you can put toys in his hands and he hold them for a minute (a lot more fun!). He seems to be discovering different things - like his tongue as he sticks it out when he gives the cutest smiles. He is so sweet...
We celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary last weekend. Mimi and Popa came over to keep Jackson so we could go out. Billy took me to the Melting Pot and it was great! I have been wanting to go there for a while so we did. We haven't had a 2.5 hour dinner in quite a while! He did really good while we were gone. He took his bottles and actually slept most of the time. Mimi felt a little cheated out of play time so we invited her back any time she wants and we will go out again!! We had a great time but I really missed my little man....
Pictures to follow on next posting this weekend...
Morning....and all day...Glory
13 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment