Monday, September 8, 2008

Today's Success

Tonight I heated a bottle to work with Jackson. It has been a few days since we tried because of the weekend but I try to give him about an ounce to play with every day during the week. So tonight he is tired because he didn't take all of his naps and had not eat as much. I had a 2 oz bottle and wanted to get it all in him one way or another (medicine dropper). Billy was cooking dinner and I sat on the couch with Jackson sitting with his back against my stomach and held the bottle. And as usual, he started chewing on the nipple and pushing it out with his tongue. I stopped paying so much attention and after about .5-.75 oz he started sucking!!!! I was so excited. But Billy said to wait - the fat lady hasn't sang yet.....we will have to see what happens tomorrow.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad it worked - I'm sure it will only get easier and easier for him.