Monday, January 12, 2009

Good news, bad news....

I have been sick again last week with a cold and infection on my nose. But I have been on an antibiotic so I am feeling better now. Jackson had a touch of a virus. He was running a temp of 101 last Sunday and Monday. He had his 6 month check up last Monday but was unable to get his shots because of the fever. As usual, he had a wonderful check up and he is doing great. He stayed home with me Monday and Mimi kept him Tuesday and Wednesday. They seem to have had a good time. He was able to get some rest and not have to go out in the cold rain. He is teething and can be very fussy at times and won't want to eat. He is coughing a bit and still has the nasty congestion we can't seem to get rid of. He is still around 18 lbs and 27 inches. They took measurements but when the doctor showed me on the computer, the data was entered wrong and they had to correct it.

I had to get my licenses renewed last Thursday since they expired Sunday. Usually people have a bad experience at the DMV but it wasn't that bad. I don't normally procrastinate this much but lately I am lucky if I get anything done in time!

It was my birthday weekend. Mimi and Popa kept Jackson Saturday so Billy and I could have some time. I got my hair cut and Billy took me out to eat. We went to a few stores and then went ahead and did our grocery shopping since it is so much easier without a little one. Sunday, my family took me out for lunch to Olive Garden. It was really nice. They managed to sneak a cake in with some numbers on it??? Kathyrn said I was 50 but it was really a 3 and a 0!!!!!! I can't believe it! I am getting as old as some others I know that keep picking on me! I had a good time.

Well, on a bad note, Billy was laid off last week. Not a good birthday present! He really enjoyed his job and hates that he lost it. We knew that it would happen at some point but it hits hard when it actually happens. So now he will be looking for a new full time job and try to find odd jobs to carry him over. We/I try not to get too stressed out and worry so much. We know God has been so good to us and will take care of us now. God provides!

Jackson has started babbling more and is so cute. Billy says that he is saying Da-Da. I told him that Jackson will have to say Ma-Ma first and if he doesn't it is only because Da-da is easier. Billy agreed and said it is because Jackson is a Moma's boy! He does love his Mommy, so I guess we will have to see! Jackson is really working on crawling. He is getting close we think. I can't believe how fast they grow. And always, he is such a happy baby. Billy said that when he went to get Jackson up this morning he was smiling before he even opened his eyes. When I left daycare this morning, he was jumping in the exersaucer and smiling. He was just as happy as can be so I hope he has a great day.

I will try to get some more pictures on soon.

1 comment:

heath lloyd said...

One of my favorite verses:
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Praying for you guys.